Before sharing those performance based accomplishments, it's important to note that when Anibal and I first met in 2009 he had just completed his 4th MLB season which also happened to represent the 4th year in a row in which he had spent some sort of time the Disabled List (DL). 2009 represented the 1st of three consecutive strength & conditioning off-seasons and 2012 represented the 3rd of three consecutive seasons in which Anibal did not spend ANY time of the DL. Bottom line is this, each of our off-season strength training programs had two goals: enhance performance and reduce incidence of injury (maintaining health). His results - THREE years strong!!!
- 2009 off-season dropped 30 pounds (235 to 205) and has maintained weight
- 2010 thru 2012: three consecutive injury free & DL free seasons; first time in his 7 year career
- 2010 career high starts (32)
- 2011 matches career high starts (32)
- 2011 career high innings pitched (196.1)
- 2011 career high strikeouts (202)
- 2012 American League Champion - Detroit Tigers
- 2012 World Series - Detroit Tigers
As I've said time and time again, In-Season performance starts during the Off-Season!!!!!
Out Train the Game.